Any professional home stager will tell you that the basic principles remain the same throughout the year—keep things clean, clutter free and colorful. But springtime has its own special set of rules. There are a number of things you can do both inside and out to take advantage of the beautiful weather:
- Add splashes of color to your porch with potted flowers. Larger pots filled with tulips or daisies and accented with greenery makes a nice touch. By introducing seasonal colors to the outside, your home becomes very attractive to prospective home buyers.
- Bring spring colors into a home with accessories like throw pillows, area rugs, artwork, towels and bedspreads. If you change accessories, the whole house changes.
- Use decorative knickknacks that speak of spring, such as pears, eggs, and seashells. Add leafy patterns in fabrics and wicker. Use real leather and rusted metal as contrasts.
- Replace the drapery panels in a home or office.
All rooms are important. There are ways to liven up each as the spring season blooms. You want the buyer to absorb the whole house, not just one or two staged rooms, so it’s important to create a cohesive design.
And how about the great outdoors?
- Remove fallen leaves and dead plants.
- Add bright, new plants where you can.
- Trim bushes and hedges.
- Scour outdoor furniture.
- Sweep porches and patios.
Indeed, spring brings more buyers, so take advantage of all that the season has to offer.